Alexander Eichhorn tweeted about Tezos account growth yesterday. Great news since it mentioned an 8% growth in the number of new funded accounts. This indicates a substantial growth of new users and investors. Following the news on Tezos on a daily basis, Tezos' growth is not surprising. (See for a list of April - May news at the end of this article.) But looking into the data was a great confirmation of positive market sentiment.
"Tezos saw a growth of 35.5k new funded accounts (+8%) in April. The highest growth rate was in the balance range between 10 .. 100 tez (+3.7k, +30%), followed by 100 .. 1k tez (+3k, +21.5%). Notably, accounts holding 100k .. 1M tez jumped by +46 (+7.7%) to 636, indicating that many small investors and potentially few whales entered the ecosystem."
Alexander Eichhorn is the creator of Blockwatch which offers products like TzStats, one of the most popular Tezos block explorers. Alexander Eichhorn also contributes to OurNetwork where you can find on-chain metrics. Interesting information on adoption of Tezos also indicates growth on that level:
"There has been less growth in developer activity in terms of deployed contracts and calls, but the rising gas usage suggests, the contracts that are developed are getting more sophisticated. Diversity in contract interfaces is also increasing. Highest development activity happens around oracles, tokens and games. Smart contract activity on mainnet is improving in terms of traffic and gas."
Previous growth of developer activity was higher, but this can be traced back to courses where students learn how to deploy smartcontracts on Tezos. Most important is the improvement of the quality of the current development on Tezos, which ends up increasing transaction numbers and gas usage which is payed in Tezos' native token XTZ. This growth, in combination with an increased staking ratio (80.11% in mid May), will influence scarcity and value of XTZ.
Another interesting piece of data of the last few weeks is the launch of tzBTC (BTC stablecoin on Tezos), and the growth in issuance of tokenized BTC on Tezos:
"tzBTC, a wrapped Bitcoin on Tezos with currently 358 Bitcoin issued."
(Don't confuse Ethereums tBTC with Tezos' tzBTC. Ethereums tBTC lasted two days before it was taken down due to flaws found in its design.)
Tezos news from last month:
- April 4th: Tezos is working on two CBDC application proposals: for both the Banque de France and the National Bank of Ukraine.
- April 5th: Tezos is getting more serious exploring a native oracle network on the Tezos blockchain
- April 8th: Bitcoin Association Switzerland has launched a Bitcoin stablecoin on Tezos
- April 12th: Tezos Southeast Asia and The ACCA have committed themselves to explore accounting applications on Tezos
- April 15th: Tezos Japan has joined the Japan Security Token Association
- April 17th: Truffle Suite launched its first support tools for Tezos
- April 17th: Tezsure just released the pre-alpha open source code for OrO Nodes: the decentralized oracle network that is being build on Tezos.
- April 18th: Vertalo, Advantage Blockchain, tZERO and Custodian Prime Trust aim to tokenize $300M Real Estate on Tezos.
- April 21th: Tezsure released a building toolbox for Tezos: Tezster
- April 29th: This thursday Electis will hold its first global e-voting test election on Tezos.
- May 3rd: Tezos Defi partnership: USD Tez Project and Tokensoft
- May 7th: Brand new version of the Tezos Galleon wallet is coming with new features
- May 8th: SE Digital rebranded their website ahead of next months first Tezos-based ICO launch
- May 9th: Just in: the first SE Digital ICO on Tezos next month will be an $80 million real estate STO
- May 12th: Tezos hackathon announced by TQ Tezos and Coinlist. Duration: one month
- May 13th: The next Tezos protocol upgrade contains fine tuned privacy features and will be injected within a few weeks
- May 14th: Koytcha Immo partnered with Equisafe to offer tokenization of assets on Tezos
- May 20th: Brazilian investment bank BTG Pactual moves half of ReitBZ security tokens from Ethereum to Tezos
- May 20th: DIGYCODE makes it possible to buy Tezos (XTZ) with cash in 10,000 stores in France
For a full introduction on Tezos, read this main article: An introduction to Tezos. (This article has 11,970 views at this time of writing.)