Bromine is the chemical element with atomic number 35 and its symbol is Br. It belongs to the group of halogens.
Bromine is a liquid non-metal at room temperature. It appears as a heavy, flowing liquid, red-brown in color, similar to that of nitrogen dioxide, easy to evaporate and characterized by an intense and unpleasant odor.
Most bromine is extracted from seawater where it is present in the form of bromide.
Bromine is used to make a variety of compounds used in industry and agriculture. Traditionally the main use of bromine is in the production of an antiknock agent for super gasoline, now no longer used for pollution reasons.
Bromine is also used to produce smoke bombs, fire retardants, compounds for water purification, dyes, medicines, disinfectants, inorganic bromides for photographic films.
Bromine is used to make brominated vegetable oil, an emulsifier in various lemon-flavored drinks.
Due to its high cost of up to $ 5 per kilogram, bromine is recycled rather than thrown away as waste.
After a period of novelty, we return to a bit of tradition.
This element has a max supply of 200 pieces. For the giveaway 100 NFTs (one user-one wallet) are dedicated:
- 35 NFTs will be assigned to the fastest 35 to comment in this article with their wax address
- 65 NFTs will instead be assigned with an extraction among all the others who will comment on this article with their wax address by February 20 at 16:00 CEST
The daily auctions continue with the elements "of the day", the next will be Argon (18) and Potassium (19).
In the next few days the new contest for the creation of one / two new molecules will be announced.
The Periodic Table NFT project
The Periodic Table NFT project aims to raise awareness of chemical elements in a modern key, basing the approach on blockchain and Non Fungible Token.
Day after day it will be possible to know the single elements that make up the table, to collect curiosities about each of them and about the table in general.
We are working to be able to learn, in a playful way, also what happens by combining the various elements.
The whole project is based on the collection of NFTs that can be bought on the site https://wax.atomichub.io/market?collection_name=periodicelem&order=desc&sort=created&symbol=WAX or by participating in simple giveaways published on publish0x.
- The first 30 elements
- #31 Gallium (max supply 200)
- #32 Germanium (max supply 149)
- #33 Arsenic (max supply 200)
- #34 Selenium (max supply 99)
- #35 Bromine (max supply 200)
- H2O - Water (max supply 37)
- NaCl - Salt (max supply 64)
- CaC2 - Calcium carbide (max supply 46)
- KMnO4 - Potassium permanganate (max supply 57)
- HCN - Hydrogen cyanide (max supply 59)
- CH2N2 - Diazomethane (max supply 46)
Link to save
- Market on atomichub for the purchase of NFTs
- Blog on publish0x to be updated
- Telegram channel
- Discord: in the "all-projects" channel