After the Black Friday and Cyber Monday weekend, where you had the opportunity to insert items at lower market prices into your wallet, it is time to go back to the laboratory to create a new molecule.
Before we find out, just a few numbers on this weekend: 172 NFTs of elements were sent at an average cost each of 17 WAX (approx). For each of the 31 bundles, an NFT of the first emitted chemist was given free.
The molecule CaC2
Calcium carbide is a solid, crystalline, colorless or clear substance due to the presence of impurities, with a characteristic odor, capable of reacting rapidly with water. Its chemical formula is: CaC2.
Its easy reactivity with water gives rise to the production of acetylene which is used in the carbide lamp used by speleologists. Calcium carbide is used in toy cannons such as the Big-Bang Cannon or for celebrations.
Its use for poaching is very curious: it is placed inside a closed jar, on whose lid a hole is made. The jar is then thrown into the water: when the latter enters the jar, it causes an explosion that kills the surrounding fish. It is a prohibited practice, severely punished, and easily identifiable due to the detonation produced.
Also in the marine environment, a more useful use is that together with calcium phosphide: it is used in floating and self-igniting naval signaling rockets.
When ingested in harmless quantities it changes the color of the urine, turning it into a green color.
Doing further information on Calcium carbide I found that it is possible to buy it directly online.
These last two sentences are not meant to be a suggestion to try and I would not like to discover some extravagant initiative.
Contest deadline: Monday 7 at 14:00 CEST.
Upon expiry, all the wallets reported in the comments of this article will be verified and those who have at least 1 element of Calcium (20-Ca) and 2 elements of Carbon (6-C), will receive one Calcium Carbide molecule NFT for free (The control is manual and therefore keep the two elements for a few hours after the expiration).
If you don't have the items in your portfolio, you can:
- buy items on the market
- arrange a loan with a friend
- maybe there could be some new initiative this week on the two elements (but we don't promise anything)
The supply of the new molecule will be given by the number of winners + 20 NFTs to be gradually added to the market.
The Periodic Table NFT project
The Periodic Table NFT project aims to raise awareness of chemical elements in a modern key, basing the approach on blockchain and Non Fungible Token.
Day after day it will be possible to know the single elements that make up the table, to collect curiosities about each of them and about the table in general.
We are working to be able to learn, in a playful way, also what happens by combining the various elements.
The whole project is based on the collection of NFTs that can be bought on the site https://wax.atomichub.io/market?collection_name=periodicelem&order=desc&sort=created&symbol=WAX or by participating in simple giveaways published on publish0x.
- #1 Hydrogen (max supply 200)
- #2 Helium (max supply 200)
- #3 Lithium (max supply 200)
- #4 Beryllium (max supply 99)
- #5 Boron (max supply 99)
- #6 Carbon (max supply 200)
- #7 Nitrogen (max supply 200)
- #8 Oxygen (max supply 299)
- #9 Fluorine (max supply 149)
- #10 Neon (max supply 200)
- #11 Sodium (max supply 299)
- #12 Magnesium (max supply 99)
- #13 Aluminiun (max supply 299)
- #14 Silicon (max supply 200)
- #15 Phosphorus (max supply 200)
- #16 Sulfur (max supply 200)
- #17 Chlorine (max supply 299)
- #18 Argon (max supply 149)
- #19 Potassium (max supply 249)
- #20 Calcium (max supply 200)
- #21 Scandium (max supply 99)
- H2O - Water (max supply 37)
- NaCl - Salt (max supply 64)