As I wrote yesterday, I signed up for Splinterlands to try to see how far I could get off of only the initial investment of buying the Spellbook. To start off, Clove71 from the Discord channel was nice enough to send me a free welcome pack. Opening it provided the following cards: an Herbalist, a Sniping Narwhal, a Cursed Slimeball, a Mantoid, and a Truthspeaker - the rare card.
First pack results!
The daily quest was to win 5 games playing as the Fire element. I ended up playing this with the majority of my games, as I feel it may be my strongest collection of cards. I kept some short notes on my matches, though it seems like most of them are viewable in my battle history, which I find to be a nice feature.
My first match was against Pasie15, playing as Death, with a 24 manna cap. My Fire summoner is Pyre, who gives all of my units +1 speed. I put in the beefy Living Lava as my first position tank, and this card was really my MVP for most of my initial matches. Not having a great idea of what I was doing, I filled out the rest of the lineup with a Kobold Bruiser, a Goblin Fireballer, a Goblin Chariot, and a Tower Griffon.
I took a screenshot of the match, which I ended up winning!
This match seems to have fallen out of my log, but the rest are still there.
- Match 2 vs Honrous09 playing Fire. 14 manna Mirror match - draw! We both played Living Lava + Fire Elemental (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=21bfe49d055d3b24a611688826345afda6fe1215&ref=thegcc).
- Match 3 vs Honrou... opponent never picked minions, won by default.
..after a long wait for opponent
- Match 4 vs Honrou... opponent never picked minions, won by default.
- Match 5 vs KikaS06 playing Fire. 18 manna. Lost. (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=b5ed2bb4704b697312fc1c215c7a36a27c7f7517&ref=thegcc).
- Match 6 vs EricetS04 playing Fire. 24 manna. Lost. (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=605318b5c721638c2ebffa0004b563f626f73b1a&ref=thegcc).
- Match 7 vs Hanwha-Eagles playing Life. 28 manna. Won! (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=cfe9ef898fa197aab124b4a0c64e61660d536ce6&ref=thegcc). Also, since I'm beating opponents with ranking 3-4 times my own, this was enough to make it out of Novice into Bronze III.
- Match 8 vs SBDToTheMoon playing Life. 28 manna. Lost badly. (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=2035e0ccb103385828440dace0e7804338f3c824&ref=thegcc).
- Match 9 vs Zhuxi playing Life. 26 manna. Won! (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=7fdc65fe9a9476828474fbfa2a8a546abbd78a4e&ref=thegcc). Finally won enough with Fire to complete the daily quest! The reward was 46 Dark Energy Crystals, putting me at 46.039 in total. Yea, not getting a lot for winning in low tiers.
- Match 10 (I am still playing Fire, as I'm feeling more comfortable with it) vs KenChung7 playing Death. 15 manna. Won! (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=f9195bb77ab7b39289151861d549354cb689fcd2&ref=thegcc).
- Match 11 vs GolemAlric playing Death. 20 manna. Won! (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=de6935510ca320c74300f1654859a3172dd75a99&ref=thegcc).
- Match 12 vs PrettyGuy (also Fire). 23 manna. Won! (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=3edd4460d8b1b94a7c9106891769391728bec28a&ref=thegcc).
- Match 13 vs. Incheon playing Water. 24 manna. Won! https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=af7a73cf5d4d93877f3cb9e1b826def574857238&ref=thegcc).
- Match 14 vs. MonsterDog playing Death. 29 manna & little league - 4 or less monster cost! Won and made it to Bronze II! (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=6d109e38e94a64e32284b7023558f40565d7d048&ref=thegcc).
- Match 15 (still playing fire) vs MonsterMouse also playing Fire. 12 manna & common/rare only. Lost badly. (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=d2f340e80561d0c1644d8787cd7fe45af9f16a47&ref=thegcc).
- Match 16 (playing water) vs BigBig. 16 manna, reverse speed. Lost badly. (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=211b9d36803c74b735999529e98cdb29232f7edd&ref=thegcc). I think the reverse speed made my Fire deck bad, but my Water deck wasn't much better.
- Match 16 (back to playing Fire) vs. Pasie15 playing Death. 20 manna. Lost & back to Bronze 3. (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=3824bf1b75b096d9ffbf6de704e3737b45408ce0&ref=thegcc). Revenge from my first match apparently.
- Match 17 vs GiantRoc playing Fire. 20 manna. Common/rare only. Won! (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=bad0894158f2dbc99aa7d1dd9540da00df07c58f&ref=thegcc)
- Match 18 vs Kotlin playing Death. 20 manna, no magic users. Won & back to Bronze 2! (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=6c316fb36cb204016b868810a0180659c8b0e8f3&ref=thegcc).
- Match 19 vs Blueguy playing Fire. 26 manna & no monster abilities. Won! (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=9478ab352dcba8a8de6f8a1f87bef29f9a50eae6&ref=thegcc).
- Match 20 vs Technomart playing Earth. 13 manna & all monsters sneak. Lost and decided to call it a night. (https://splinterlands.com?p=battle&id=8aafb1518b954a87f26df5e238b4f1fac9aecfb9&ref=thegcc)
I'm not sure how long these links are good for, so I apologize if they get wiped after I play a few more games. At the end of a day of playing, I ended up at Bronze II, which meant I won 7 chests. Opening them today, I found 2 Ant Miners, a Wave Runner, a Silvershield Sheriff, and 73 Dark Energy Crystals, which brought my total up to 120.004. All told, I got about 1 crystal from all my match wins and 119 from rewards.
First league rewards!
My second daily quest is to win 5 playing Earth, which I am a bit leery of doing with my current cards. I decided to wait until after the league reset, so I'm back down to Bronze III and have a better chance of playing against weaker decks. Oh, I also want to thank steamdan from Discord, who sent me a few cards today. I missed getting a screenshot of them, and I can't seem to find a way of getting a history, but I recall one was an Ant Miner and another was Undead Rexx. The Discord community for the game is very friendly, though every time I go to pop in there's at least 300 new messages in General making it hard to keep track if anyone replied to you without using tags.
I'm thinking I'll post these once a week when the league ends, and maybe not include ALL the matches if I do a weekly report. If anyone is interested in more details about any particular aspect, let me know and I can try to include more about it next time! Thank you for reading and next time we'll see how the first full week goes!