CHOCOLATE MAGIC SHELL ICECREAM TOPPING
This raw vegan chocolate magic shell recipe is a classic topping for icecream. This syrup will harden when poured over ice cream. The recipe is both easy and fast!
Magic Chocolate Shell Ice Cream Topping
This is a chocolate syrup that hardens after it is poured over ice cream. This recipe is essential for any chocolate lover! TOTAL TIME2 mins SERVINGS2 ice cream bowls
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp carob powder
- If coconut oil is solid – gently warm jar in a pot of water over stove on low temperature until it melts.
- Combine all ingredients (besides maple syrup if cold) into a bowl and stir.
- If maple syrup is cold (from being in the fridge) add to the bowl, stir, then quickly pour over ice cream.
- Pour syrup over ice cream and Enjoy!
- If maple syrup is cold from the fridge, it will harden the syrup when it is added (because coconut oil hardens when cold). That’s why it’s necessary to add it last and stir then drizzle it over ice cream immediately after.
- If you accidentally add cold syrup and it hardens before you can pour it, simply warm it up (e.g. in a container surrounded by water in a pot on stove – very low heat) until it’s liquid again, then use.
THE MAGIC OF THIS CHOCOLATE TOPPING
The magic of this chocolate shell is that it starts out as a liquid, then hardens once it hits the ice cream. Coconut oil is the factor which causes this magical effect.
When coconut oil is around room temperature that is at or above 76°F, it is liquid. However, below 76°F (24°C), coconut oil is solid. Therefore, when it hits your cold ice cream, it will solidify into a fun topping!
Though this isn’t ‘true’ magic, it is interesting, and does add a magical taste to the whole ice cream experience.
COCONUT OIL – GREAT FOR MORE THAN A CHOCOLATE MAGIC SHELL
Some Healthy Perks Associated with Coconut Oil Include:
- Anti-aging Effects
- Stimulates Thyroid
- Protects Hair, Skin and Dental Health
- Can Help Reduce Alzheimers
- Weight Loss
“Coconut oil [contains healthy] saturated fats that have different effects than most other fats in your diet.
These fats can boost fat burning and provide your body and brain with quick energy. They also raise the good HDL cholesterol in your blood, which is linked to reduced heart disease risk.
Most fats in the diet are called long-chain triglycerides, but the fats in coconut oil are known as medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), [so these fatty acids] are shorter than most other fats.
The [medium chain fatty acids in coconut oil]… go straight to the liver. [In the liver] they are used as a quick source of energy or turned into ketones.
Ketones can have powerful benefits for the brain, and are being studied as treatment for epilepsy, Alzheimer’s and other conditions.”– Kris Gunnars, BSc
ENJOY YOUR ICECREAM WITH A MAGIC & HEALTHY TOPPING RECIPE!
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Magic Shell Icecream Topping Recipe! It really is a fun classic to make
Be sure to try the raw vegan ice cream recipes to pair with this topping such as the chocolate ice cream!
Please comment below what you think. Already tried the recipe? Feel free to give it a rating!
[Original article I wrote on my website]
For more information on why I went R.A.W. feel free to check out my other article.