- Tether and a third party, which appears to be Binance, coordinated to swap the funds between blockchains
- Total supply has not changed
- Tether has explained that exchanges will sometimes ask for a chain swap to make up for a deficit on a particular blockchain
- Tether and Binance completed a $300 million chain swap in February 2020
- There is approximately $4 billion USDT on TRON, according to Tether’s balance disclosure
- Tether launched on TRON in May 2019
- Tether’s supported blockchains include Algorand, EOS, Ethereum, Liquid Network, Omni, OMG Network and TRON
Tether Moves 500 million USDT from TRON to Ethereum
Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.