According to court filings made on August 7, lawyers representing Poloniex and Bittrex have pushed for summary judgement in a case involving the two, as well Tether and Bitfinex. The parties have told Judge Katherine Polk Failla of the Southern District of New York of their intention.
- Poloniex, Bittrex, Tether and Bitfinex are fighting a class action lawsuit involving fraud and market manipulation
- The lawsuit first began in October 2019, centering on market manipulation
- The plaintiffs argue that Bitfinex and associated entities wreaked economic damage, also claim that "false information about USDT being backed 1:1 by U.S. dollars" was shared with the public
- Reparations demanded by plaintiffs' exceed $1 trillion
- The summary judgement says that it cannot be proved that addresses in the lawsuit belong to Bitfinex
- Poloniex and Bittrex's attorneys claim that there is no apparent connection to Bitfinex