According to a blog post published on Nov. 22, KuCoin has resumed deposit and withdrawal services on the exchange following the $281 million hack it suffered in Sep. 2020.
- Deposit and withdrawals on the platform have resumed, but some tokens have a daily withdrawal limit ”due to the ongoing judicial proceedings for some tokens”
- The exchange had paused withdrawals after a hacker stole $281 million in BTC and ERC-20 tokens in Sep.
- KuCoin has said that it has identified the culprit, though it has not offered any details since; meanwhile, the hacker has sold some of the assets and shuffled them around
- The hacker has been moving funds as recently as Nov. 5, making 3 separate transactions to transfer $3.5 million in BTC
- Users who have been affected by the fund have been compensated via the exchange’s insurance fund