- CEO Lyu announced that the suspects had been identified with substantial proof at hand, and that law enforcement would take action
- Lyu also said that, with the cooperation of industry entities like exchanges, Kucoin has reclaimed another $64 from the hacker’s addresses, bringing total recovery to $204 million
- The KuCoin exchange was hacked on September 30, losing as much as $281 million; users’ funds were covered through insurance
- The hackers attempted to shuffle the funds through decentralized exchanges
- KuCoin is returning to full operational status, with 31 tokens now open for deposits and withdrawals
- The incident led to KuCoin to forming the Safeguard Program, a network of industry members who will make concerted efforts to deal with security incidents
KuCoin Says That Suspects of Hack Identified
Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.