The Brave team reported on November 2 that the privacy-centric browser had reached another milestone, crossing 20 million active monthly users in October 2020.
- The browser’s active monthly user count stands at 20.5 million, up from 8.7 million last year, which represents a 135% growth
- The number of daily active users has passed 7 million, up from 3 million the same time last year
- Brave is also the highest rated browser on the Google Play store
- The team highlighted other notable milestones that occurred in 2020, including a total verified publisher count of approximately 972,000, and partnerships with the likes of Binance, Gemini, Splinterlands and Travala.com
- The Brave team has also released multiple features this year, including an in-browser video conferencing tool, and is working on a decentralized ad protocol called Themis
- Brave’s ad programs crossed 1,500 campaigns in June; noting the growth of optional ads, CEO Brend Eich said that the team would work on making privacy-by-default a standard for web users