Brave revealed more details of its decentralized ad platform Themis protocol on August 18, via a detailed blog post that covered the mechanism of the protocol and its tokenomics.
- Themis protocol uses sidechains and smart contracts to eliminated centralized ad models
- Protocol was designed to to improve upon the BAT based ad ecosystem
- Originally announced in June 2020, Themis has been described as having the capability of addressing “the auditability and non-repudiation issues” of current ad systems
- Additionally, it provides advertisers with information about viewers’ behaviour without compromising on the latter’s privacy
- Brave has worked on new features this year, including a video conferencing solution and a rumoured “YouTube killer”