Privacy-focused Brave Browser has integrated the InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), the team announced on Jan. 19.
- Brave Brave has integrated the IPFS into its Windows, macOS and Linux browsers to take another step towards establishing Web 3.0
- Users can access IPFS content by using the IPFS address and/or becoming a full IPFS node in a one-click process
- IPFS is a decentralized file sharing and storage network that has the notable advantages of being censorship-free, resistant to downtimes, cheaper and more secure
- Support for Brave’s mobile browsers will be added in the coming months
- Brave has taken many steps forward in terms of improving privacy and encouraging decentralization, and is currently working on a decentralized ad protocol call Themis
- The browser itself has become very popular, crossing 20 million active monthly users, and attracting some of the biggest YouTubers