Gaming company Atari has partnered with blockchain-based gaming platform Ultra to see the latter’s platform launch on Atari’s new VCS console, according to an announcement made on September 24.
- With the Ultra integration, users will be able to spend Atari Tokens in a variety of ways in the Atari ecosystem
- Ultra users will also be able to play classic Atari games, including Steroids, Centipede, Missile Command, Pong and RollerCoaster Tycoon
- The blockchain company has already partnered with gaming company Ubisoft and semiconductor manufacturer AMD
- It provides several features to games, including Non-Fungible Token (NFT) trading, live streaming and eSports
- Gaming is an established use case for blockchain technology, with projects like Enjin (ENJ) and Decentraland (MANA) already providing applications
- The Atari PC/Console hybrid will launch in the coming months