Further to the announcement of Bittrex towards the end of last year that it will be suspending $XRP trades, a further stir of uncertainty among other cryptocurrencies has been caused with Bittrex announcing on beginning of the year that they will fully delist three privacy oriented cryptocurrencies including Monero (XMR), ZCash(ZEC) & Dash from their markets effective with 15th of January 2021.
The news broke on 1st of January around 17:15 UTC time with Monero being at almost 7% of an upside since the yearly open and just a percentage away from testing previous year all time high set at around $170... A tweet from Bittrex has caused a stir among investors with the announcement of delisting, with the price quickly tumbling to the downside with a loss of over 15% of its price in just over an hour.
ZCash and Dash have followed a similar trajectory with Dash showing so far slightly better support zones of the price with the price tumbling around 10%, compared to Monero or ZCash which have both fallen well over 15% since the announcement.
The exchange has not provided any announcement so far as to the reasoning behind the delistings, however many are speculating around the regulatory scrutiny which privacy coins have been going throughout last months, with perhaps the stir around the Ripple and XRP suspensions pushing exchanges compliance departments to reevaluate the risk factors they're willing to take with some of the cryptocurrency projects.
- Bitcoin breaks $29,000 coming into New Year Eve of 2020
- Bitcoin sets remarkable brand new highs
- The SolarWinds hacks will likely dwarf the Ledger hack with future data leaks
- XRP suffers further blow with Coinbase announcement of trade suspension
- Ledger's Public Relations tank after leaked data is exposed to the public
- Over million of Hacked Ledger user details are being further distributed for free
- Beware of fake Uniswap applications
- Elon Musk's tweet pumps Dogecoin over 15% in less than 10 minutes
- Apple forces Brave to stop rewarding its iOS users with BAT tokens
- European Union edges closer to Blockchain adoption
- LBRY Credits surges settling with over 100% gain in a day
Ongoing crypto free earn campaigns:
- Earn up to $43 worth of BAND through Coinbase Learn & Earn
- Earn daily through publish0x by tipping & posting, lbry.tv by watching video & media content and presearch for a non intrusive search engine
- Honeygain & Theta Edge for passive gains through participating in content delivery networks
Other crypto gateways:
This article was originally published on read.cash