I like to test and play with stuff like DeFi apps, widgets, staking... a lot but sometimes transactions get stuck and pending for a long time.
When one transaction gets stuck, all the other transactions after that will have to wait until the stuck transaction gets resolved and processed.
Why is it stuck?
There are many factors involved like network is congested...etc but most of the time it is because the cheap gas fee.
When I test, I normally pay lowest possible fee 😂 because
- i am just testing
- nothing that important
- amount is very small
- i am not in a hurry
- not looking for efficiency
- i am cheap 🤣
and most of the time, I have no problem with low gas fees.
When I do have issues, it is either
- transaction fails: which is good i just try again
- transaction takes forever: which is not good. slow transaction is expected but if it takes more than 24 hours... i don't want to wait that long
What can you do?
- Wait forever until it gets processed if you don't mind waiting.
- You can speed up a transaction
- You can cancel a transaction
- (don't be cheap in the first place...)
Go to brave://wallet/
Click on the transaction that is got pending and "Speed Up"
It will bring up the gas options to adjust the gas fee to accelerate the transaction.
This will increase its chances to be processed by the network "faster"...
Or you can try "Cancel" to stop the transaction with a minimal cancellation fee.
These options are NOT always guaranteed to resolve pending translations.
High gas price?
For some reason DAI transactions are high and token swap costs more than $1 right now...
So if you are not sure about the gas price, you can check the recommended cost before you do anything.