Tellurium is the chemical element with atomic number 52 and its symbol is Te.
Tellurium is a relatively rare element that belongs to the same group as oxygen, sulfur, selenium and polonium, formerly known as the chalcogen group.
In its crystalline state, tellurium has a silvery-white metallic appearance. It is a brittle nonmetal which is easily pulverized.
Chemically related to selenium and sulfur, its electrical conductivity increases significantly when it is exposed to light. Tellurium burns with a greenish-blue flame converting to its dioxide.
Tellurium (from the Latin tellus, which means "Earth") was discovered in 1782 by Franz-Joseph Müller von Reichenstein, in Sibiu in Romania. In 1798 it was baptized with its present name by Martin Heinrich Klaproth, who was the first to isolate it.
The 1960s saw growth both in the thermoelectric applications of tellurium and in the processing of steel, which has become its main use. Other Uses:
- It is added to cast iron to control its cooling.
- It is used in ceramics.
- Bismuth telluride is used in thermoelectric devices.
A few years ago (2017) British researchers discovered the largest tellurium deposit in the world in the Canary Islands. Thanks to tellurium, the installation of solar panels and the connection of mobile phones will profoundly change and thanks to this discovery, the change could receive a strong boost.
We left you some articles to start getting used to, but now the game is starting to get strong
The max supply of this NFT is 200 pieces. 90 NFTs are dedicated to this giveaway (1 user - 1 wallet):
- 20 NFTs will be assigned by right to the fastest in commenting this article with their WAX address
- 70 NFTs will be drawn among all the others who will insert their WAX address in the comments by 4:00 pm on August 9th.
We remind you that it is possible to win two NFT molecule with the contest dedicated to Bronze and Tin phosphide.
The Periodic Table NFT project
The Periodic Table NFT project aims to raise awareness of chemical elements in a modern key, basing the approach on blockchain and Non Fungible Token.
Day after day it will be possible to know the single elements that make up the table, to collect curiosities about each of them and about the table in general.
We are working to be able to learn, in a playful way, also what happens by combining the various elements.
The whole project is based on the collection of NFTs that can be bought on the site https://wax.atomichub.io/market?collection_name=periodicelem&order=desc&sort=created&symbol=WAX or by participating in simple giveaways published on publish0x.
- The first 30 elements
- Elements from number 31 to 50
- #51 Antimony (max supply 200)
- #52 Tellurium (max supply 200)
- H2O - Water (max supply 37)
- NaCl - Salt (max supply 64)
- CaC2 - Calcium carbide (max supply 46)
- KMnO4 - Potassium permanganate (max supply 57)
- HCN - Hydrogen cyanide (max supply 59)
- CH2N2 - Diazomethane (max supply 46)
- LiCoO2 - Lithium cobalt oxide (max supply 53)
- LiBH4 - Lithium borohydride (max supply 51)
- PSYCO - Strychnine (max supply 62)
- Lavoisier (max supply 149)
- Glauber (max supply 149)
- Marggraf (max supply 149)
- Curie (max supply 149)
Link to save
- Market on atomichub for the purchase of NFTs
- Blog on publish0x to be updated
- Telegram channel
- Discord: in the "all-projects" channel
- The Periodic Table of Elements WAX Book