Mexican billionaire Ricardo Salinas Pliego tweeted on Nov. 18 that 10% of his liquid assets was in Bitcoin, making him yet another billionaire to reveal he had invested in the asset.
- Pliego’s tweet was a recommendation on his favorite book, “The Bitcoin Pattern”, after which he said that 10% of his liquid portfolio was in Bitcoin
- As for why he thinks Bitcoin is important, Pleigo said that it “protects against government expropriation”
- In a separate tweet, Pliego said that fiat currencies have no value and that diversification was necessary
- Billionaire Stephen Druckenmiller revealed in early Nov. that he had also invested in Bitcoin -- and the addition of Pliego to the list now adds credence to Tyler Winklevoss’ statement that a “tsunami” of big investors would join the market
- However, some major investors continue to criticize Bitcoin, including Ray Dalio, who recently asked Twitter to help him better understand Bitcoin