The Bancor Network (BNT) team announced in a blog post published on Feb. 1 that it will bring its liquidity protocol to the Polkadot (DOT) network.
- The implementation is expected to allow users to trade between Polkadot and ERC-20 tokens using Bancor Network
- Features would include creating new pools, liquidity provision and the ability to perform cross-chain swaps, all through the blockchain agnostic asset BNT
- LiquidApps is building the bridge between Ethereum and Polkadot, and anyone will be able to run lite nodes from within a browser
- No timeframe has been offered for the solution, but the Bancor team expects that this will be the first of many steps towards making Bancor a multi-chain protocol
- Bancor has released multiple features and upgrades since its listing on Coinbase Pro in Dec. 2020
- These improvements include a liquidity mining program and the Bancor v2.1 upgrade, which reduces the impermanent loss that accompanies staked liquidity