Most of us use more than one social media platform. But why do we join, why do we stay and how do we choose our actions? What drives us and what motivates us?
This post is about my personal experience, and I would love to know your opinion too ..
Let's see .. how can I start this post?
How many platforms do I use?
That is a brilliant question that I really cannot answer right away. I use both centralized and decentralized platforms, because I post different kind of content on a daily basis - therefore I need to be at many different online places during the day.
From centralized social media I use
- Occasionally Youtube
- Occasionally TikTok
- Sometimes I also post my images on TSU
Then we go to the decentralized or to the blockchain based social media platforms, the ones I use are
- LeoFinance (second layer of hive)
- Appics (with a few issues lately)
- Read.cash (every 2 days appx at the moment)
- Publish0x (every 2 days appx at the moment, or whenever I have something to post there)
- Steem (when I cant post on Appics)
- Blurt (when I find spare time in between)
Whenever possible, I also use 3speak & lbry but because my videos are usually short - I do not use it often
SideNote This post was triggered by this reply that I received on my twitter account today ..
Somebody tagged this person for my giveaway, inviting her over to FinanceLeo and her response was that there was no time for a new social media to handle.
I have often felt this way too, but I hate to miss opportunities.
Also, I always prefer to experience something and then have (and express) an opinion about it
So in this post, I will tell you my reasons for trying out a new social media platform!
I usually take a sneak peak of the content & comments posted in the platform.
Is there content about a theme I am interested in? Is there content similar to what I plan to share or what I would like to learn?
If I see too much spam, it may drive me away - or I may give it a try and see what happens. Sometimes gems may be hidden in the trash..
I always check out the community. Are there many members? Where are they from? How do they interact with each other? Are their comments spammy or genuine?
Sign up process
I always check this.. how can I sign up? What info will I need to provide? Will I need an extra wallet? Will I need more than an email and a password? Will I have to verify my identity? How can I secure my account / passwords?
Where is it saved? Who has access to it? Can we delete it? Can we retrieve it?
Terms and Conditions
Are there terms and conditions that we can read before? Are there rules that need to be followed? Who is supervising all of this? What do I do if I get spammed/hacked/offended? Can I report? Can I react? Can I protect myself?
When there is a token / rewards involved I try to discover what I can with it. Can I withdraw? When? How?
What is the coin / token value?
Team & Project Info
Who create the platform? Do they have information about the team? About the project? What are their plans? What are their goals? What do they share online?
When I first started using main stream social media for my own accounts, I knew nobody online. It was not easy at first, but I have managed to get to know many people from Greece (my country) but also from all over the world. Many of them I trust, we have been in the online journey together so their opinion I trust. Whenever they say something, I usually just go for it :) Especially when it is an easy process to sign up
Ease of use
How easy is is to post content and to like/comment/share? Or how easy is it to reward and be rewarded? This is also something to think of, our time is limited and it is important to be able to do the post as quick as possible, without having to re-invent the wheel! (meaning to discover how to insert a photo, a list, etc etc)
Will I be able to bring value to the platform? Will I be able to receive value? To learn? To interact? To grow? To be among a community?
All the above are what I look for when I am thinking of joining a new social media.
Final thoughts & words
We live in a digital world, we have learned that changes come sooner than we can even imagine.. Sometimes we even are part of the change - Let's make the most out of it!
What do you think?
What makes you join a new channel/platform?
What makes you stay?
And .. what makes you leave it?
Why do you think that people are reluctant to join new platforms, even if they could be rewarded for it?
I would love to hear your thoughts :)
Thank you very much for visiting!
Who am I?
I am Katerina from Crete, Greece. An enthusiastic content creator with a passion for photography. Interested in the blockchain technology, in new social media platforms and in trying to educate new users who wish to explore the blockchain social media world and its possibilities!
- Follow me on twitter for crypto stuff: https://twitter.com/katerinaramm1
- Blockchain & Personal Development stories at https://leofinance.io/@katerinaramm
- General Stories at https://hive.blog/@katerinaramm
- Feel free to connect with me on Publish0x
- My photo stories at https://www.pexels.com/@katy-ramm-2914800
- On noise.cash https://noise.cash/u/katerinaramm
- On read.cash https://read.cash/@katerinaramm (Aff link https://read.cash/r/katerinaramm)
- Some of my amateur videos at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY0T7LAdd_WFjKFxGDO97mA?view_as=subscriber
- My personal discoveries and every day experiences: https://www.instagram.com/katycrete/
- My city's account and lovely community: https://www.instagram.com/aboutheraklion/
- I also got a Discord channel, feel free to join me: https://discord.gg/Eeh2s9xraC
My giphy channels
- For my city: https://giphy.com/channel/aboutheraklion
- My personal account: https://giphy.com/channel/katyramm
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta