Further to my previous article Do you own some JOKE coins? in which I had identified three categories of coins, AAA, BBB and JJJ, I have decided to create a subcategory called AAA+ inside the AAA, gathering the top coins among the AAA ones, i.e., the top of the top, the cream of the cream...
I will focus only on the altcoins since everybody knows BTC is the master coin and I will not talk about the stable coins - which are kind of paradox...
Please find below the AAA+ list that I propose:
- My top 3: Ethereum ETH, Polkadot DOT and Cardano ADA
- ETH is still strong and will become even stronger once the EIP 1559 - significantly reducing the gas fees - is available, which is planned by July, i.e. pretty soon. It is challenging to predict a price for the next months. Looking at the trend, target is 5k to 10k$ by 2022.
- DOT is a future #2. Powerful and really decentralized. The staking takes a bit of time to understand, but once you got it, it works pretty well and it offers more than 14% APY... With no risk, unlike DeFi. Furthermore, the founder is Gavin Wood... cofounder of Ethereum with Charles Hoskinson and Vitalik Buterin. Polkadot is what ETH 2.0 plans to be... but Polkadot is already fully available.
- ADA is bullish on the long term, although there are ups and downs every week. More than 100 companies would be looking to shift from Ethereum to Cardano. Charles Hoskinson recently said:
My goal is to run countries on this blockchain. I don’t care about Uniswap and CryptoKitties and other things. It’s a bubble, and it comes and it goes, like Pet Rocks and Beanie Babies. You can take your DeFi and you can run it on my system for 1/100 to 1/1000 of the cost."
- BNB is the #3 in market cap, and the complete Binance system through the exchange and the Binance Smart Chain is really successful. However, it has pumped so much last month that a correction is likely in the short term. Furthermore, some of the DeFi Automated Market Makers on the Binance Smart Chain were recently hacked, for instance Pancakeswap through their DNS servers, and doubts are raising on their safety.
- CRO is a kind of UFO... You may have some doubts about them. They are trying to imitate BNB and also burn coins. Price is pumping... it works.
- DeFi tokens are my next ones - e.g. Yearn Finance YFI and SushiSwap SUSHI, who plans to move to a less costly blockchain like SOLANA or AVAX. Just imagine the impact it will have once they made it. It will fix the fees issue and Pancakeswap will be again a pale copy of SushiSwap.
- AVAX and SOLANA can only grow. Not yet very popular, but so much potential... Will compete against each other, to follow up...
- Elrond EGLD (eGold) is also a very nice proposal. Their Maiar wallet is so intuitive and easy to use. Could become popular. Offers 29% APY!!
- Algorand ALGO and Tezos XTZ are also good bets. ALGO is the only Pure-Poof-Of-Stake. XTZ is a nice tool too, needs to work on DeFi
- Chainlink LINK and Band Protocol BAND also have a great potential as oracle tokens, so much needed to prevent attacks agains DeFi protocols
- Cosmos ATOM is the last of this list but not the least... So many projects are using their blockchain. They just need to become a bit more visible...
This list is not comprehensive. You may add some coins or tokens that I did not think about. Forget a bit the daily trading, look at the next 2 or 3 years... The value of some of these AAA+ coins could be multiplied by 10 or 100 in the next few years. As usual, please do your own research... And keep safe.