BANANO is a DAG-based cryptocurrency with easy-to-use apps, distributed entirely for free through airdrops, faucets, and games. All happening in a fun, community-driven, meme-rich, and educational atmosphere.
BANANO is always experimenting with new ways to interact and connect with other projects and distribute BANANO in many different ways. Just few days ago BANANO started to connect to the NFT world through the new and freely distributed Trading Card Series ‘cryptomonKeys’ (Legendary Giveaway still running a few hours!). This time, it’s all about a Gods Unchained Tournament with both GodsUnchained and BANANO prizes, organized by BANANO’s Wizard-in-Chief, TriggerHaven. Read more below!
Gods Unchained Welcome Set Tournament Announcement
TriggerHaven, a gaming Wizard contributing to the BANANO ecosphere with regular BANANO giveaways in his Twitch Stream, teamed up with the Gods Unchained Community and CopperPitch to bring you the first ever Gods Unchained Welcome Set Tournament! This event is free to enter and no purchases are necessary for the competition. Several generous collectors have stepped up to sponsor prizes — from a genesis rare chest to some extremely rare cards. We will also be distributing a 60,000 $BANANO Prize Pool to the Top 3 Players.
What is Gods Unchained? It’s a Free-to-Play, Play-to-Earn, Trading Card Game! Download it here! Don’t worry if you haven’t earned any cards yet, as all players will be playing with the Welcome Set Cards provided to every account.
Now! Sign up in Trigger Haven’s Discord by reacting to the Sign-Up Post! ✨
4:00 am Friday, October 2nd, Pacific Daylight Time
The tournament will consist of Two Phases (depending on player count), lasting through October:
- Qualifiers — After signing up and following instructions, play at least 15 legitimate games in the Ranked Constructed Mode in Gods Unchained from 4am Friday, Oct. 2nd — 4am Monday, Oct. 5th Pacific Time. We will be watching match statistics for all registered players and automatically enter you into the tournament brackets if instructions are followed correctly.
- Brackets — Qualified players will be assigned to single elimination brackets. Players in each matchup will schedule a Best of 3 in which they play Welcome Set decks against their opponent (switching decks between matches is allowed). NOTE: Card substitutions from the Welcome Set are encouraged! Make your best decks possible out of Welcome Set Cards. Cards from any set other than the Welcome Set will result in disqualification (e.g. the Core Set, Trials of the Gods, Genesis, etc.). This keeps the playing field equal for newcomers.
In these brackets, each matchup will have until 4AM Sunday, PDT, to complete their Best of 3. Brackets will advance on Sunday nights after we examine match data. If all goes according to plan, CopperPitch and Triggerhaven will host the Grande Finale on Halloween! (Or if not we’ll pretend!)
✨✨✨Hype Events and Content! ✨✨✨
Top Gods Unchained Player, CopperPitch, and TriggerHaven, will be hosting weekly Live content on our Twitch Streams about the tournament! Join up for bracket analysis, Welcome Set strategy, viewer battles, and hosted Marquee Matchups from the tournament! All content creators are welcome to participate. If you have ideas to add to the hype, or would like to participate, send a message to TriggerHaven or CopperPitch.
60,000 $BANANO + Community Sponsored Prize Pool
Winners of the Grand Finale will Receive (at least) the Following Pledged Prizes:
- 1st Place — 30,000 $BANANO, Genesis Rare Chest, 1st and 2nd Pick from the “Prize Shelf”
- 2nd Place — 20,000 $BANANO, 3rd and 4th Pick from the “Prize Shelf”
- 3rd Place — 10,000 $BANANO, 5th Pick from the “Prize Shelf”
Thank you to the following community members for putting up prizes for this event!
- ✨ Genesis Rare Chest ✨ — CarnivalBigTop
- ✨ Prize Shelf of Genesis Set Cards ✨ (G) = Gold, (S) = Shadow — Backstreet Bounder (S), Contagious Ghoul (S), Blood Rage (S), Bonded Warrior (S), Shadow Scryer (S), Dangerous Ritual (S), Empire’s Footman (S), Untold Greed (S), Inflammable Imbecile (G), Iron-Tooth Goblin (G), Agrodor Protector (S), Dimension Looper (S), Gentle Monk (S), Canonize (S), — StrongHands,
- Additional pledges by LordTetas, Ares, and possibly more! If you’d like to contribute to the Tournament Prize Pool for this and future events, please send a message to TriggerHaven in Discord!
EDIT: Additional prizes have been added!
One Legendary Genesis Chest to be won!
Top 8 players will receive an Epic cryptomonKeys card!
- After registration ends, players will receive a unique WSxxx code. You must put this code in your Gods Unchained username in order for the organizers to to receive your match data.
- Participate in “Ranked Constructed” battles, completing 15 legitimate matches between 4am Friday, Oct. 2nd and 4am Monday, Oct. 5th Pacific Time.
- NOTE: You may use cards outside of the Welcome Set for Qualifiers ONLY.
- “Legitimate” matches will be decided at the organizers discretion. Attempts to exploit qualification metrics by conceding and disconnecting will result in exclusion from the brackets and any participation prizes.
Scheduling a Match for Single Elimination Brackets:
- After Qualifiers, every bracket will have its own channel in the Tournament Discord Server to assist with scheduling.
- After you are assigned a bracket, it will be your responsibility to arrange a best of 3 matchup with your opponent using the “Direct Challenge” mode.
- Each player is expected to put forth reasonable effort to be available for matchups. Since players are in many different time zones, be aware that schedules may not align at convenient times.
- Having your availability ready to share with your opponent when the bracket is published on Sunday evenings will help greatly.
- Players will have until Sunday, 4AM PDT, to complete their matchups after each advancement of the bracket.
Disconnections during 1v1 Bracket
- Disconnection during Best of 3 Matches after cards are dealt must count as a loss. Be sure you have a good connection for your matchups. If disconnections or hang ups occur before god powers are picked, alert your opponent in your bracket’s discord channel, force close the game, then continue playing your matches as normal.
- All bracket matches are recorded in the API and will be checked to verify validity of only using Welcome Set Cards. Violations will result in automatic disqualification.
- Be concise and courteous in your communication with your opponents across all social media during the tournament.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in disqualification from the brackets and forfeiture of any and all participation prizes.
Considerations/Notes from TriggerHaven
- This is my first community tournament event with Gods Unchained! My friends and I will be doing our best to make sure it runs smoothly, but there will assuredly be a few problems here and there. If things aren’t perfect this time around, we’ll refine it for future community events!
- Thank you for reading all the way to the end! If you still haven’t downloaded Gods Unchained, here is a referral link! After clicking it, if you purchase any card packs within 10 days it will help support yours truly. Your contributions will help me to organize even more future events for the community! If you’d like to show support in another fashion, come visit me on Twitch to follow, subscribe, and hang out for some good times!
I’m very excited for this event, and I hope you have a lot of fun. Good Luck! I’ll see you in Discord for Registration!
Disclaimer & Credits
Any mention of a specific third party platform, product, service or website in this article does not imply any endorsement of this third party by the BANANO team. All information is provided to the author’s best knowledge at the time of writing, will likely not be updated and thus might be outdated when this article is read in the future. This article was written by TriggerHaven, with some minor edits by bantano.
What the Fork is BANANO?
For those of you who don’t know BANANO yet, it’s obviously perfect to just read our animated, meme-rich and interactive Yellowpaper! BANANO is a cryptocurrency (forked from NANO in April 2018) powered by DAG technology — here to distrupt the meme economy. Yes, BANANO has memes! And also feeless and near-instant transactions, a highly active community, and active technical development! The BANANO community doesn’t take themselves too seriously, but we’re here for the long run and we enjoy what we do. On top of this, BANANO is super easy to use and puts an emphasis on free and fair distribution, gamification and crypto education.
Join the Banano Republic!
BANANO ($BAN) is a fee-less, instant, rich in potassium cryptocurrency powered by DAG technology disrupting the meme economy.