BANANO is a DAG-based cryptocurrency with easy-to-use apps, distributed entirely for free through airdrops, faucets, and games. All happening in a fun, community-driven, meme-rich, and educational atmosphere.
The BANANO ecosphere has the monKey concept, memes, and lots of talented artists. The newly launched community project cryptomonKeys now connects BANANO to the world of digital collectibles, with a freely distributed, meme-rich, monKeyfied NFT card series! Learn below how cryptomonKeys are about to disrupt the meme economy!
Make sure to read to the end and join the giveaway!
MonKeyprinter go BRRR! CryptomonKeys are Here!
CryptomonKeys are building on top of the BANANO MonKey concept, as a freely distributed, community-driven, meme-rich digital trading card series, based on NFT technology, here to disrupt the meme economy.
CryptomonKeys — Key Features
- No sale! Free cards for grabs! CryptomonKeys are distributed for free through airdrops, giveaways, contests, and to contributors!
- Easy to receive, send, and trade, even for NFT noobs! No worries if you’re new to this! CryptomonKeys are living on the Wax blockchain, which makes handling of NFTs extremely easy and comes with practically feeless transactions.
- Everyone can join and even become a cryptomonKeys artist! There will be lots of meme/art contests with BANANO and NFT prizes, and winning creations will be minted (created) as cryptomonKeys NFT collectible cards.
Sneak Peek at the first three cryptomonKeys!
- Collect! cryptomonKeys through airdrops, giveaways and contests!
- Trade! cryptomonKeys with others on secondary markets! CryptomonKeys trading is live at AtomicHub.io once the first cards are distributed!
- Connect! CryptomonKeys is not only connecting BANANO’s meme creators and their memes with the NFT world, we also connected each card to a BANANO address (on the card back) for future cross-blockchain app implementation. For now, cryptomonKeys are available to be enjoyed as a digital collectible trading card series. However, future game implementations and/or apps are in the mix! This is just the beginning.
Card Front Features explained
Card back features explained
Even more Features!
- No confusing card variants! Each card is unique!
- No unclear rarities! Each cryptomonKeys card has a defined rarity, meaning the maximum number of mints (‘copies’) for each card is set in stone when they’re created!
Win a Legendary cryptomonKeys Card!
Unlike most other NFT projects, cryptomonKeys are not sold, but given away for free! Here, you can win a super-rare Legendary Card number 1 and BANANO prizes on top!
How to Participate
- We’re giving away a total of 50k BANANO and 5 super-rare Legendary cryptomonKeys Number 1 NFTs. There will never be more than 19 mints of this card!
- Participation Deadline: September 25, 2020
- Participants have to comment with their BANANO AND their Wax address together in one comment below. If you just comment with one address, you’ll not participate. If you post both addresses in different comments, you’ll not participate.
No BANANO address yet? Create one in just 2 minutes! Check wallet options at banano.cc, and find help getting started at banano.how.
Direct links to wallets: Kalium (mobile wallet) | Vault (web wallet)
No WAX address yet? No problem! Simply sign up with the Wax Cloud Wallet for the start. Once you become more familiar with Wax and NFTs, make sure to move over to a non-custodial Wax wallet like Scatter.
On September 26, we’ll randomly select 5 winners — each winner will get one Legendary cryptomonKeys card number 1 AND 10019 BANANO!
Join Us and Stay Tuned for More Giveaways
Make sure to follow cryptomonKeys at Twitter and join their Telegram groups to not miss many more soon-to-happen giveaways and contests! Also, if you like to discuss with others, get involved, contribute with feedback and ideas, or create cryptomonKeys card artwork yourself, join the cryptomonKeys Discord Chat Server!
UPDATE Sept 30th 2020!
This giveaway has ended and all rewards have been sent to 5 lucky winners:
Congrats to the 5 winners who already received each 1 Legendary No 1 cryptomonKey and 10019 BANANO:
khbqw.wam ban_335zstx74ruawy3zoxynokfz1iop1fmxmnoutco93z55c6h9acwrqwbx3ceg 3
We are going for 10 days now but the feedback and attention has been pretty amazing <3! Thanks everyone!
As a 'thank you' we will airdrop a RARE cryptomonKey No. 7 or 8 to everyone who participated! Give us few days and keep an eye on your wax wallet! You can check your Wax Cloud Wallet or log in with it at atomichub.io for trading.
Just a note here that we have meanwhile 6 cards revealed and have giveways ongoing at Twitter and Instagram, plus lots of spontaneous givewaways upcoming at Discord and Telegram. Especially at Discord you'll find much more info right now. More updates soon!
Who is behind cryptomonKeys?
In brief, cryptomonKeys is a community project created by two long-term BANANO supporters and highly involved community members: SoggyApplePie (BANANO Community Manager and Staff Artist) and bantano (BANANO Lead Community Developer/CMO and core team member). The first designs were created by SoggyApplePie who will also continue to design awesome monKeyfied cards, but everyone is welcome to join and contribute artwork!
What are monKeys?
Cryptocurrency wallet addresses are typically long strings of characters that can be nearly indistinguishable from each other. MonKey solves this long-standing problem through the creation of unique, monkey-shaped avatars from a hash value based on a user’s public key. These visual representations of wallet addresses serve to identify users while protecting the privacy of the account holders.
Each MonKey has a unique combination of fur and eye colour, and can have additional accessories in varying styles, such as hats, glasses, shirts, pants, mouth types, tail decorations, and more! Accessories have different rarities, and there are thousands of quintillions of possible MonKey combinations (that’s more than 10²¹). Learn more about monKeys here.
Disclaimer & Credits
Any mention of a third party platform, product, service or website in this article does not imply an endorsement by the BANANO core team. All information is provided to the author’s best knowledge at the time of writing, will likely not be updated and thus might be outdated when this article is read in the future. CryptomonKeys is a community project created by two long-term BANANO supporters and highly involved community members, SoggyApplePie (BANANO Community Manager and Staff Artist) and bantano (BANANO Lead Community Developer/CMO and core team member). CryptomonKeys is building on the BANANO MonKey concept (visual account representatives) created and developed by Yekta and bbedward from the BANANO core team. This article was written by bantano with help from SoggyApplePie.
What the Fork is BANANO?
For those of you who don’t know BANANO yet, it’s obviously perfect to just read our animated, meme-rich and interactive Yellowpaper! BANANO is a cryptocurrency (forked from NANO in April 2018) powered by DAG technology — here to distrupt the meme economy. Yes, BANANO has memes! And also feeless and near-instant transactions, a highly active community, and active technical development! The BANANO community doesn’t take themselves too seriously, but we’re here for the long run and we enjoy what we do. On top of this, BANANO is super easy to use and puts an emphasis on free and fair distribution, gamification and crypto education.
Join the Banano Republic!
BANANO ($BAN) is a fee-less, instant, rich in potassium cryptocurrency powered by DAG technology disrupting the meme economy.