BANANO is distributed entirely for free through airdrops, faucets, and games, in a fun, community-driven and educational atmosphere and has easy-to-use apps.
Very recently, we tested a new faucet concept: The BANANO Story2Image Faucet — a faucet making the process to claim BANANO cryptocurrency fun while still having effective anti-bot functionality to avoid cheating. The concept: Users have to draw an image from a random sentence provided by the faucet and vote on images from other faucet users. After the great success and feedback from the first round we now have improved the faucet and are doing a second round! Check all details below!
Story2Image Faucet Round 2 (Open Beta) Announcement
After some improvements we’re now back for round 2, but we’re still adjusting and finetuning some faucet parameters. This means you can help test the faucet so it gets better and better. As in round 1, everyone who collects points in this faucet round will get rewards in BANANO, but keep in mind it’s still in open beta, and not everything might go 100% smooth yet.
How To Play
- This round of the Story2Image BANANO faucet will start on Saturday, Friday, September 11, 8:00 pm CEST (convert your time zone here).
- It will run for approximately 3–4 days depending on participation and results. Keep in mind while we’re testing, the round might end also earlier or be interrupted for adjustments.
- Go to the Faucet Website here after the event has started
- Register with a BANANO address (if you have no $BAN address yet, create one in just 2 minutes. Check wallet options at banano.cc, and find help getting started at banano.how)
- Follow instructions, don’t spam or try to cheat, and try to collect as many points as possible. You’ll collect points for good drawings, and for voting on images drawn by other users. Two examples for really good drawings:
A woman standing at the stove and looking at something on it
A young girl is reaching oout to pet a large cow
- The points to BANANO ratio is not announced in advance for this round. There is a new point system, so don’t worry if things look different than before! Just draw the best images you can. Shortly after the round has ended, we will apply an undisclosed yellow formula to convert your collected points to BANANO and send it to your address. We need to check all data carefully, which means that might take a few days. We’ll make it as fast as possible.
- Last time, we paid at a ratio of 1 point=1 BAN but this might be different this time. The point ratio will be adjusted based on overall participation, such as amount of spam, amount of players, quality of drawings, and other undisclosed factors.
- More detailed How To Play further below.
Referral Program: Tell Your Friends, Earn More!
You can earn even more BANANO by inviting other users to the BANANO Story2Image faucet! You will get 5% from all BANANO each invited user earns. Feel free to share the faucet on social media or other platforms (but don’t spam please!). As more people participate, the more fun it will be!
Cryptocurrency Faucet Development — Some Background
Developing a cryptocurrency faucet is a challenging task. Nowadays we have to consider many parameters in order to develop a faucet that fits the needs of our community — which is making the claiming process easy, fun, but still make the faucet secured against cheaters and botters (who we know will always try really hard). Thats why we searched for a faucet task that can’t be automated by computer programs (bots, scripts, etc.) yet and is still easy & enjoyable for humans. Indeed, nowadays almost everything can be automated. You want to write an article about a specific topic? You want identify objects in images? Or you want to create some music? No problem with modern, sophisticated so called ‘neural networks’. While being around since the late 1960s, neural networks have evolved and became very easy for cheaters & botters to integrate into their automation programs. With modern CPUs/GPUs it’s a matter of minutes to ‘train’ those neural network based little programs for very specific and complex tasks. Thanks to latest software this is even possible for people who don’t understand the technical background at all. Of course it is unacceptable to distribute considerable amounts of BANANO to cheaters/botters, since they ultimately would become whales and constantly dump the price and damage the ecosystem. BANANO is about fair and free distribution to real people. Being mindful about potential exploits, we decided to develop a faucet that requires more human skills and creativity than just solving captchas, or identifying images — The Story2Image BANANO Faucet!
Story2Image Faucet: Detailed How-To-Play
We wanted to make the faucet as accessible for everyone as possible, that’s why we decided to make it Browser based. It should run in Chrome (Chromium), Brave, Firefox and any other modern browser. The main context of the faucet is very easy to understand:
You will get a simple image description (1–3 sentences) that you have to draw. No worries if you are not a gifted artist, key here is to show some effort and prove you’re human.
After you have drawn and submitted your image you will next get to see some images that were already drawn by others.
Simply rate those images from 1 (best) to 4 (worst). This will help our rating algorithm and allows us to give more points (and more BANANO) to users who submit good drawings. Check the video below to see the whole process:
Next, you will be prompted to select the correct description for two given images drawn by others. Please note that here you also have the opportunity to report spam if the image is inappropriate or if you can’t find a matching description. The whole quiz process is shown in the video below:
- Draw an image from the given description. Please note that you will get banned immediately for spam, there is no way to recover your earnings.
- Rate the images that the faucet presents to you from 1 (best) to 4 (worst).
- Solve the 2 quizzes correctly to collect your points, which then will be converted to BANANO and sent to you after the round has ended.
Please note that this run will be experimental, therefore your points balance may be adjusted at the end after images were reviewed by the team.
Story2Image Faucet Link: https://story2image.monkeytick.me/
If you have any questions, issues, need support, or want to discuss with others or reach the faucet creator David_99 go to the channel #story2image-faucet at the BANANO Discord Chat server.
Disclaimer & Credits
Any mention of a third party platform, product, service or website in this article does not imply any endorsement by the BANANO team. All information is provided to the author’s best knowledge at the time of writing, will likely not be updated and thus might be outdated when this article is read in the future. The Story2Image Faucet was developed by David_99 with help and feedback from kron and coranos and several other BANANO community members. This article was written by David_99 and bantano.
What the Fork is BANANO?
For those of you who don’t know BANANO yet, it’s obviously perfect to just read our animated, meme-rich and interactive Yellowpaper! BANANO is a cryptocurrency (forked from NANO in April 2018) powered by DAG technology — here to distrupt the meme economy. Yes, BANANO has memes! And also feeless and near-instant transactions, a highly active community, and active technical development! The BANANO community doesn’t take themselves too seriously, but we’re here for the long run and we enjoy what we do. On top of this, BANANO is super easy to use and puts an emphasis on free and fair distribution, gamification and crypto education.
Join the Banano Republic!
BANANO ($BAN) is a fee-less, instant, rich in potassium cryptocurrency powered by DAG technology disrupting the meme economy.