I don't think anyone would disagree, Bitshares (BTS) has served us as the perfect Point Of Sale network (PalmPay.io) for over 5 years now, rock-freakin-solid.
BUT, we now enjoy many more benefits using their platform:
- Lightning fast, fully-confirmed, on-chain transactions with 3 second blocks (1.5 sec on average)
- Full-fledged Decentralised Exchange (DEx) with simple/advanced Trader's Tools
- No KYC bs
- Thousands of coins to choose from and trade
- Free accounts
- Recently blew through 3,300 transactions per second (see blocktivity.info) with over 14,000 ops per second.
- Decentralised order books
- Prediction markets
- Multiple block explorers
- Blockchain logins (check out BEET)
- Tons of free api nodes you can connect to
- Supported by multiple Exchanges and Bridges (godex.io, stealthex.io, blocktrades, etc)
- User-issued assets and coin factory
- Multiple mobile wallets (check out BiTSy)
- Self-funding blockchain with a multi-million Dollar reserve pool
- Direct-debit options
- Weighted, Hierarchical and Deterministic Multi-signing (Multisig) accounts
- Escrow services
- Cross-chain HTLC Atomic Swaps (no more CEX's!)
- 100% free and open source software (FOSS)
- No counterparty, no middlemen, no permissioned or centralised side-chains needed
- No KYC crap
- Affiliate/referral rewards program with discounts and 80% cashback
- Paper wallets
- Blinded transactions for privacy
- 20+ provably-collateralised Smartcoins/Stable-coins (upgrade in progress)
- Collateralised debt positions (zero-counterparty loans/borrowing of stablecoins (like bitUSD, bitCNY, bitEUR, bitGold, bitSilver, etc))
- Recurring payments (bills, subscriptions, etc)
- Invoicing and payment Proposal system
- Scheduled payments (pensions, employee bonuses, etc)
- Huge open source repositories and Developer community
- On-chain voting (the self-funding blockchain pays the block producers, node admins, developers, marketers, etc. Vote for your favorites)
- Human-readable account names/addresses (nathancustomboats, mobile-papa, bobs-bigboy-52, etc)
- dApp tools and libraries
- Hacking bounties (earn thousands of dollars to find a bug!)
- Decentralised, encrypted messaging
- 51% Attacks are impossible (see crypto51.app)
- Cold Storage (Ledger Nano, etc)
- ID Theft is impossible
- No f*ng KYC, ever.
- A robust Point Of Sale network (check out PalmPay.io)
- Stakeholder approved funding for your projects or ICO
- Vesting Balances
- Barter tools
- Timed Transfers
- ..and way more!
Warning: Once you start trading, earning and sending BTS coins and assets around in 3 seconds or less, of any amount, with near-zero fees, you'll be hooked.
Slow chains.. tremble.
Try the BiTSy android wallet:
Try their web wallet:
Try the PalmPay point of sale dApp:
Free your mind, leave the system, diversify into other protocols (POW, DPOS, POS), agorise and decentralise.