A man in his 80s has blown up part of his house in the French village of Parcoul-Chenaud in Dordogne after attempting to swat a fly. According to local media, the man picked up an electric fly swatter when the insect attempted to land on his dinner. However, he was unaware that a gas cylinder was leaking at his house, and an explosion took place when the electric racket had a reaction with the leaked gas. The building's kitchen was destroyed, and sections of the roof also suffered major damage. As the building is currently uninhabitable, local media reported that the man is temporarily staying at a local campsite as his family repairs the damage.
The senior citizen suffered only a burn to the hand. Meanwhile, the fate of the fly is unknown.
Note: All images used in this article were retrieved from the public domain, and do not require attribution or citation for commercial use.