While clicking the Setting button in Dashboard, there are many options about setting. The first one is Basic Setting. Click on Basic and at the right hand side you will see some options about Basic Setting of blogger. Learn these options with true letter and spirit because it will depend the ranking of your blog.
- Title:- This is the title of your blog. It should be brief and short. Use two to three words in the title because it is very important for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). For example a customer want to search something on Google Search Engine. When he starts to write something, Google automatically write rest of the words itself, provided that thing is already indexed in Google.
- Descriptions:- It defines your blog. It should not be more than 500 characters. It will be placed at the top of your post. Strong description is also important for SEO.
- Privacy:- Here are two more options. Both should be checked as Yes. If you click on No, then your blog will not be listed to Google and also it will not be searched by search engines.
- Blog Address:- This is the address of your blog. For free blogs it has the extension as .blogspot.com. Laterly you can purchase domain name for your blog. Here is also another option i.e Setup a 3rd party URL for your blog , it means you can link your registered URL to your blog.
- Blog Authors:- Blog Author is the blog Admin. You can add another person also as author of your blog. But the selected person should be honest and trustworthy. If you want to add author to your blog, simply click on Add authors, a box will be open. Now paste their email addresses here separating by a comma. You can add more than one author.
- Blog Readers:- Keep this option on Public. This will increase the audience of your blog which is important for SEO. It will make ranking of your website high.
These was just Basic Settings of blogger. We will proceed with other setting in next post.