"Desperate times call for desperate measures."
That was my mentality when, out of sheer desperation for extra income, I began scouring the magnificent depths of the internet for a chance to make some bitcoin. My journey was an interesting one to say the least! Before I start, please note that I am not talking about referral income here. I wanted to find solid, straightforward work that could be completed by me alone and then paid into my account as soon as possible. Neither did I look into faucets or "free" bitcoin earnings - those are covered in my previous article here. Without further ado, are some of my findings:
- Most work available online for cryptocurrency is very likely based in the programming/coding field. I have no experience here. I'm a designer and editor by trade.
- Web development jobs are also very popular
- There are a lot of other people trying to do the exact same thing as me. Only they have been trying for a lot longer - thus they know how to "apply" for these freelance positions
- Many sites from 2-3 years ago are no longer viable to find work on. There are only a handful of safe websites in actuality
- I did not search the deep/dark web - so I have no idea how many jobs are available through those often-dodgy deals (you must ask yourself that if the work was that kosher, why it couldn't be handled on a normal website)
- The demand for crypto-paying freelance gigs is a lot higher than I anticipated - this is great news, especially for adoption
- The average pay appears to be around 0.05 BTC (this is just from what I saw - not from any extensive research)
- Online crypto marketplaces seem like a viable passive-income option - set up an online store, and wait for others to find you (or promote it in various ways if the products are legal). The biggest marketplace appears to be OpenBazaar, called Haven on mobile.
Needless to say, I unfortunately did not find much that I could do personally. But if you're a developer or programmer, then definitely do your research and see what you could do as a side hustle for those extra crypto gains. I am still looking for work (video editing, writing, and design are my primary focus) that will pay in crypto, so if you have any leads or would like to work with me, please do contact me! I'd love to help anyone out!
"But if you're a developer or programmer, then definitely do your research and see what you could do as a side hustle for those extra crypto gains."
If you enjoy tech/entrepreneurship, I have a small YouTube channel and would love your support!
Some of my other articles:
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this short article, please follow me for more regular crypto content. If you are wanting to become a blockchain developer, follow my Blockchain Dev blog! Thanks for all the support.
BTC Donations are not required, but always welcome! Struggling writers unite! 3GKBrNq4QotoC2qT2xUZ4bwD2LGBk7atMM
#crypto #business #working #money #gains