In this series of articles I will cover how to build a fully functional StorJ storage node.
This series it a detailed and step-by-step guide that will teach you all you need to know and is easy to follow and implement.
We will build together a cheap, fast, power efficient and low maintenance Linux system running StorJ node that will earn us coins that we can convert in cash!
You will need an Ethereum wallet, some basic understanding of command-line Linux and computer hardware but don't worry, I will guide you all the way from start to finish.
I've built and refined my very own system a little over a year ago and it earned me over 1,500 STORJ (about £120 or $150 at today's exchange rate)
The system and all its components cost me about £100 (or $125) and cost about £0.5 (or $0.6) or less in electricity to run for the entire year!
For this setup i wanted to build a small, silent and cost effective node with great performance and system stability.
If you would like to build one as well please follow me and don't miss the next articles of this series!
I'm planning to write 10 articles, including this one you are reading.
- What is StorJ and how it works
- Best OS for your StorJ node and which SD card to use
- Get the best 2.5 inch HDD for your StorJ node
- Best SBC for your StorJ node
- Configure OS for you SBC
- Docker overview and handy commands
- Install, configure and manage your StorJ node and auto-updates
- Install, configure your system monitoring web interface
- Custom and scheduled scripts to automate self-maintenance
I'm very excited to share all of this with you and I can't wait to read your comments!