From Rags to Riches or.. I've made it! I'm now a Starbits Millionaire!
As a quick summary, I started in RisingStar in May 2021 but just drifted with it till I started blogging about RisingStar at the end of August 2021 and decided to chart my progress to becoming a Starbits Millionaire.
It's not rocket science but in short what is the quest - the quest is to bank 1,000,000 starbits and get the Starbits Millionaire Card! Primarily as a free to play player but if I find a pocket of crypto floating around I might just speed up the process too!
In issue no. 14 I can say that over the last 14 weeks of playing Rising Star, writing posts, earning in Splinterlands and on the Diesel pools I finally earned enough to qualify for the coveted Starbits Millionaire Card!!
How did I manage this from the approximately 500k of starbits I had last week. Well basically a few things happened over the week. Firstly, I was able to liquidate my Pizza/Starbits liquidity pool (the day before the rewards got boosted unfortunately) for a decent amount netting about 440k of starbits. With my earnings in game I had about 105k of starbits meaning I needed 455k of starbits. I saw the price for starbits had gone down a bit this week meaning it was about 3500 starbits to 1 hive so on review of my various Hive balances and with the decision to sell two of the Splinterlands vouchers I'd earned I realised I had enough to get to 1,000,000 Starbits and so here we are in issue 14 and I'm a Millionaire!
Week 14 - I'm a millionaire! And here are my metrics for the week:
Lets start with the basics
- Missions completed - 77 missions this week - I think 70-80 missions a week with my current rotation is going to be the average.
- Cards owned - Three new cards (two unique) - MILLIONAIRE!, a Pizza Slice from a giveaway and Juan Up - the promotional OneUp collabaration card.
- Starbits - 47,125 balance (including Millionaire earnings).
- Skill/Fans/Ego - Still managing to keep this ratio in check so that's good as there's no impact on my earnings due to ego yet.
- Level 67 - Still averaging around two levels a week.
- Loan - This is a new metric and is basically an estimate of the total Hive currencies input into Rising star to get the Juan Up Card and the Millionaire card. The real amount input is a bit more than this but it's what I'm going to repay to myself over time as I explore other games on the Hive network.
Current Strategy and considerations
- Quest Rotation - Acoustic Tent, Singing Lesson, Radio Interview, PIZZA, repeat. This is my current rotation and is working well especially with the cold pizza slice I got from a giveaway (Thanks @pair on Peakd).
- Game going forwards - I'm at a bit of a crossroads. On the one hand I'm enjoying RisingStar so I may just buy packs/cards with the earnings in game for a while. Though I do feel the need to pull some earnings out (ROI and all that). I haven't decided yet but my gut feel is that I'll probably reward myself with some pack openings first (once I get to 100k starbits) to upgrade my account before starting to "repay" my hive loan.
And that sums things up for another week - let me know in the comments if you have any thoughts.
If this all sounds fun to you the join up (my referral link is below or you could just go to the game directly).
And if you're interested in any of the other sites I've been working with links are below:
Faucets and Mining
Thanks for reading and remember, one way or another you too can get to be a Starbits Millionaire!