Soundcloud is one of the world's largest streaming sites for artists, covering many diverse genres from underground electronic music to indie music. Here are some recent updates from the Soundcloud crew about what they are doing to support the community during the Coronovirus crisis.
As the coronavirus crisis has unfolded, we’ve seen a global outpouring of tracks on SoundCloud — with a 50% surge in creators uploading in the past month alone. But behind this creative response, we know there continues to be financial loss and uncertainty for our creator community.
Last week we rolled out our first wave of creator support — our partnership with Twitch, 50% off SoundCloud Pro Unlimited, a resource guide and weekly creator office hours with our artist relations team — to help with the impact some of you are facing. This felt like a good start, but we want to do more for the long term.
Today, we're accelerating a series of new initiatives and over $15M in direct investment to support creators on SoundCloud during this difficult time.
- New direct fan-support button for all creators.
We’ve created a simple button for your SoundCloud profile to connect your preferred way to receive direct fan support including Kickstarter, Patreon, Bandcamp, Paypal and more. Learn how to get this live on your profile right now.
- $5M in free promotional support for all creators to drive more plays on SoundCloud.
For the rest of 2020, we’re giving away all of our Promote on SoundCloud inventory. Tag your SoundCloud uploads #GetMorePlays and our editorial team will select up to 5 artists per week to feature with promotion. More details to come soon on our blog.
- Immediate launch of Repost by SoundCloud, a new marketing and distribution service.
Independent artists who want to take their career to the next level can now access professional marketing and monetization services plus industry-leading distribution features. Repost by SoundCloud is available to everyone, no play count thresholds. Learn more here.
- $10M artist accelerator program to support independent creators’ career growth.
We are committing $10M to help fuel the careers of independent artists upstreamed from Repost by SoundCloud into our artist services offering, Repost Select. Apply here.
We understand our efforts here are no match for the care providers on the frontlines of this global crisis. But we will continue to look for ways to support our global SoundCloud community, so you can keep sharing music we can all turn to in these challenging times, and long into the future.
Bringing lossless HD storage and downloads to all
You are receiving this email because you have uploaded at least one track to SoundCloud. Part of SoundCloud's commitment to connecting creators with the world's largest community of music fans includes safeguarding your master audio files with higher quality, more flexible storage and recovery features than any other audio platform.
To bring our highest quality file-management solution to more creators, we've made some changes to the platform that might affect you:
- Starting today, every SoundCloud creator will be able to upload, store and download their original lossless HD files. This feature set was previously only available to Pro Unlimited subscribers. You can learn why uploading lossless HD files is an important way for you to protect your work here.
- To make lossless HD file management free to all, starting December 9th, our free upload limit will change from 3 hours of audio, to 3 hours or 15 tracks. This will not impact existing uploads. Learn how this change might affect you at our Help Center.
If you’re interested in uploading without limits, from now until December 16, SoundCloud is offering 30% off of Pro Unlimited which includes unlimited uploads, access to advanced stats and more.