In years past, we can see a trend in April and May each year of price and trading volume increases as rushes of new investors, and savvy traders work the market. Spring usually sees a rally in the market, and after the chaos of last year, many Americans can expect a higher refund than usual. With the year that Bitcoin has had, it's safe to assume the Spring Rally this year, will be one for the ages.
So if you happen to be a potential crypto investor with a tax refund burning a hole in your pocket, let me encourage you to sign up for some of the following apps to get you started:
- Voyager: Free $25 worth of Bitcoin for trading $100 on the app. Open these link from mobile:
- Coinbase: Free $10 worth of Bitcoin for trading $100. They will also give you $12 of the "Orchid" cryptocurrency (which can be re-sold for cash) if you watch 3 1-2 minute videos and answer 3 easy questions about that cryptocurrency. (might get waitlisted, I had to wait a month before getting off it). The "Compound" cryptocurrency has a similar promotion, with $9 of free crypto offered.
- Coinbase: https://www.coinbase.com/join/federm_2
- Learn about Crypto and earn up to $40 on Coinbase! Answers to quizzes here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/cuewby/coinbase_earn_quiz_answers_for_eos_and_xlm_free/
- Earnathon -If you're a fan of Coinbase’s learn & earn feature to get paid for learning about Crypto, you will LOVE Earnathon! It’s brand new and currently has a $20 learn and earn quiz up with many more coming soon! Check it out: https://earnathon.com/signup?ref=tsavolion
- Join Celsius Network using my referral code 1172872efd when signing up and earn $30 in BTC with your first transfer of $200 or more!
- Crypto.com: Free $25 for "staking" (buying and holding) 5000 CRO (approximately $370) for 6 months. (enter referral code 66v69rwt76 if not pre-filled) Available globally.
Each of these are reputable, safe, and very beginner friendly and I can personally vouch as I have tested each one. For new investors, I would highly recommend leaning into the rabbit hole. Don't invest in something you don't understand. You don't need to be an expert on everything, but at the very least, go to each project's website and understand their goals and purpose. You should invest in the major players, BTC, ETH, but don't fall into the penny trader's mindset of expecting each token to go to the moon. Decide why you are investing and choose cryptocurrencies that you believe will succeed inline with your investment or ideological goals.
For more experienced investors - I'm not alone in expecting the Spring Rally, and if I had a cheat sheet, I'd be a billionaire, not a blogger. I believe that Bitcoin and Ethereum will continue to rise and top their ATHs, as for the altcoins, I expect at least one to distinguish itself from the crowd and join the major cryptos going forward. In general, I expect a rising tide will lift all ships - in that the entire market will likely rise steeply starting in the next three weeks and continuing at least until early May.