Are you an ice cream lover? If you are, I'm sure you already tried different flavors of ice cream. But have you tried chili ice cream? 🍧🌶️
I live in the Bicol Region (a region in the Philippines that encompass the southern part of the island of Luzon). Local inhabitants here are known for being fond of spicy foods and some even eats lots of chili during chili-eating contests!
So today I decided to give you a tutorial how to make chili ice cream.
First, you have to prepare the ingredients and the needed materials.
Unseeded chili (Siling Labuyo)
2 boxes of whipped cream (250 ml)
1 can of full cream condensed milk (300 ml)
20 pieces of red chili (siling labuyo)
Vanilla or strawberry flavor (optional)
1. Remove the seeds of the chili. Chop and crush it until powdered.
2. In a mixing bowl, put the two boxes of whipped cream and beat it slowly with an electric beater.
4. Wait until the amount gets doubled and pour in the strawberry and chili puree.
5. Continue beating the mixture until it becomes smooth.
6. Transfer the mixture in an airtight container so that it will be soft and smooth when you eat it.
7. Put it inside the freezer and wait until it freezes.
You can now enjoy your home-made chili ice cream!