Today we are going to take advantage of the post about Presearch and bring the news of how to support the socio-environmental project Ecosia. Well, let's get a better understanding of what Ecosia is, before we even understand how it can be used together with the Presearch search engine.
Before Ecosia.org became a search engine with an environmental bias and thus could help with reforestation projects around the world, let's see how this idea came about:
- In December 2009, Christian, the founder, after a trip around the world begins to understand the problems of deforestation;
- Between 2009 and 2011, Ecosia won several awards for the smart and fast-growing concept in Europe and elsewhere, it also gained community recognition;
- In April 2014, Ecosia became the first German company to receive the B Corporation seal thanks to the socio-environmental business model;
- In June 2019, Ecosia reached a milestone in planting 60 million trees, in addition to building its own solar power plant.
Ecosia allows users to plant trees by searching through the web, as is done in conventional search engines such as Google, Dsearch, Bing or Yahoo. By donating 80% of surplus advertising revenue, the search engine has raised approximately $ 3 million for reforestation projects since its founding in December 2009. Ecosia's mission is related to technology, environmental preservation and sustainable development, extremely current themes.
Together with reforestation efforts, they also aim to neutralize all CO2 emissions related to their research. By publishing monthly donation receipts, they meet the demands for transparency and at the same time show that small changes can make a big difference.
In their mission to plant a billion trees this decade, they work with experts and communities to reforest more critical areas through high-impact sustainable strategies, which can mean not only improvements to the environment, but also to local economies.
By now you may be wondering what does this have to do with Presearch's search engine?
Well, through the Presearch.org search engine you can choose which search provider to use, such as Ecosia, or any other available. This way you can receive tokens using Presearch and at the same time help the social and environmental project created by Ecosia.org. See below how to set up quickly in three steps after installing the Presearch engine:
- First step: In the Presearch initial panel click on the settings gear;
- Second step: Click on the magnifying glass that gives access to the list of research providers;
- Third step: Search for the Ecosia provider in the displayed list and select it to set it as the default search engine.
There, it's set up. That simple!
If you are already a user of Presearch.org, from now on you can help several reforestation projects in the world, even in the Atlantic Forest here in Brazil. See the map below to get an idea of how many reforestation projects are supported by Ecosia.org. If not, just click on the link and register.
---> PRESEARCH SEARCH ENGINE <---
In this link you can also access the Ecosia blog and discover more details of the reforestation projects developed here in Brazil:
You can also like to read: