Chlorine is the chemical element of the periodic table with atomic number 17 and symbol Cl. It is part of the halogen group, located in group 17 of the periodic table. Chlorine gas is yellowish green, two and a half times denser than air and has an extremely unpleasant, stuffy odor and is very poisonous.
It can be a powerful oxidizing, whitening and disinfecting agent, or it is a component of common table salt (or sodium chloride) and many other compounds, it is very abundant in nature and necessary for almost all forms of life, including the human organism, for example human blood contains a fair amount of chloride anion.
Chlorine is an important chemical agent used in water purification, disinfectants, as a whitener; it was among the first chemical weapons used on a large scale, in gaseous form. It is also used in the manufacture of many everyday objects, such as paper, antiseptics, dyes, foods, insecticides, paints, petroleum products, plastics, medicines, fabrics, solvents. It is used as a bactericide in drinking water and swimming pools. Even small deposits of drinking water are usually treated with this substance.
Chlorine irritates the respiratory system, especially in children and the elderly.
As we have just read, chlorine is present in many ways in our daily life. For this reason it was decided to launch a new contest yesterday in the creation of the table salt molecule (find all the information here).
At this point, the giveaway method and the availability of the items in the market becomes very important. For the giveaway we decided to dedicate 50 NFT:
- 25 NFTs will be assigned to the 25 fastest people to comment on the article with their wax address
- the other 25 NFT will be randomly assigned to all the other users who will comment on the article with their wax address by Monday 16 November at 14 CEST
For those who fail to be among the winners of the giveaway, in these days elements of Cl and Na will be released in various ways:
- low fixed price
- auctions with a duration of 6 hours
- packages consisting of Na element and Cl element
We are continually experimenting with new modalities and we hope these evolutions will meet your interest
The Periodic Table NFT project
The Periodic Table NFT project aims to raise awareness of chemical elements in a modern key, basing the approach on blockchain and Non Fungible Token.
Day after day it will be possible to know the single elements that make up the table, to collect curiosities about each of them and about the table in general.
We are working to be able to learn, in a playful way, also what happens by combining the various elements.
The whole project is based on the collection of NFTs that can be bought on the site https://wax.atomichub.io/market?collection_name=periodicelem&order=desc&sort=created&symbol=WAX or by participating in simple giveaways published on publish0x.
- #1 Hydrogen (max supply 200)
- #2 Helium (max supply 200)
- #3 Lithium (max supply 200)
- #4 Beryllium (max supply 99)
- #5 Boron (max supply 99)
- #6 Carbon (max supply 200)
- #7 Nitrogen (max supply 200)
- #8 Oxygen (max supply 299)
- #9 Fluorine (max supply 149)
- #10 Neon (max supply 200)
- #11 Sodium (max supply 299)
- #12 Magnesium (max supply 99)
- #13 Aluminiun (max supply 299)
- #14 Silicon (max supply 200)
- #15 Phosphorus (max supply 200)
- #16 Sulfur (max supply 200)
- #17 Chlorine (max supply 299)