*** Win one of 50 prizes for staking in the NULS SCO Projects ***
◢ The Facts:
- The 50 prizes are identical. Each prize includes $100US worth of NULS and a share of 5000+ SCO project tokens.
- The Stake-a-Thon begins at 00:00 AM UTC October 11, 2021, and ends at 11:59 PM UTC November 7, 2021.
- Each account affiliated with NULS staked into one or more SCO projects during the Stake-a-Thon is eligible to win one of the fifty prizes.
- The more NULS you stake the higher your chance of winning.
- The more days your NULS are staked the higher your chance of winning.
- Bonus: while you are competing to win one or more prizes, you are collecting SCO project tokens.
- The winners will be announced in NULS Community and on NULS Twitter on November 15, 2021, at 00:00 AM UTC.
◢ The Details:
- Every day, as defined by UTC, a snapshot is taken, at an undisclosed time, recording the amount of NULS staked in each SCO project and the corresponding accounts for all SCO projects.
- At the end of the Stake-a-Thon, each account is assigned a “weight”. The larger the weight the larger the chance of your account being drawn for one of the prizes. The weight is the sum of the NULS affiliated with the account staked across all days divided by 28.
- Example #1, if you stake 100 NULS for 28 days, the weight of your account is 100. If you stake 100 NULS for 14 days, the weight is 50.
- Example #2, if account A has a weight of 100, and account B has a weight of 50, then account A has twice the opportunity as account B to be drawn.
- There will also be a Twitter campaign to increase your weight for the Stake-a-Thon. It will be announced later in October, just in time for Halloween.
◢ The “How?”:
A NULS West Team member will be available to answer your staking questions from October 11–17 in telegram NULS Community from 6 pm to 10 pm UTC. To help us, please start your question with “Stake-a-Thon”.
◢ Common staking questions:
What is staking? In the crypto world, staking provides the token holder the opportunity to deposit one’s tokens in a mechanism, such as a consensus node, and in return receive (earn) small amounts of the same token or a different token.
What is a NULS SCO Project? A NULS SCO project is a company or a project in the processing of creating and/or deploying a blockchain idea. The project and project members have been vetted by NULS and determined to be viable according to the NULS evaluation rules. (Although the project and people seem viable at the moment of vetting, NULS is not responsible for the project’s success, failure, or legitimacy. However, staked NULS is never at risk, and the investor can terminate their investment at any time.)
NULS holders are invited to invest in these projects, and, in return, receive project tokens.
NULS encourages people to evaluate the project prior to investing. It is important for investors to determine for themselves if they wish to stake their NULS.
There are many avenues to gain more information about an SCO project. These include:
- Ask questions about the project on its public Telegram channel.
- Research the project and team members.
- Attend Crypto Corner (2100 UTC every Monday) and listen to SCO project leaders speak about their projects.
How do I Stake in an SCO project?
- Here is a document showing how to connect your wallet to the staking site, and how to stake NULS in a NULS SCO project. https://nuls.medium.com/connect-your-wallet-and-stake-in-a-nuls-sco-project-6181dba98839
- Here is a video showing how to stake in an SCO project. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9PiCiQ1_4o&t=161s
The best way to get involved with NULS is to join in!
For more information about NULS, visit nuls.io and join the conversation on Telegram or Reddit. Make sure to follow NULS on Twitter for the latest news and updates. You can also follow us on other socials such as Facebook, Steemit and GitHub.
NULS — Making It Easier To Innovate