Yearn.finance Andre Cronje has stayed out of public channels, after having received death threats from community members over the Eminence.finance incident. Cronje has not tweeted since September 29.
- Cronje disappeared from public channels following an incident with an unaudited contract related to the Eminence.finance (EMN) project, which Cronje is working on
- The contract was exploited and $8 million in investors’ funds were sent to Cronje by a hacker; Cronje has asked the yearn.finance treasury to help with reimbursing investors
- However, YFI’s token is rebounding, jumping over 40% from $12,500 levels to its current price of ~$18,700 in the past 24 hours
- Those close to Cronje said that the whole experience has been demoralizing and indicative of the crypto community’s “childishness and irresponsibility”
- The community has responded with “Love Letters for Andre”, a series of posts that offer Cronje encouragement and appreciation