Skype co-founder Jaan Tallinn, in an interview with Fortune published on Nov. 13, said that he stores most of his wealth in cryptocurrencies.
- Tallinn, now an investor in the European startup scene, told Fortune that most of his personal wealth was in cryptocurrency
- He has been making several donations entirely in cryptocurrency towards companies working on solving issues that might arise from AI
- His investments include the now Alphabet-owned DeepMind, OpenAI, and Faculty AI
- Tallinn donated 350 ETH to Faculty in 2018, worth $434,000 at the time, and in Mar. 2020, donated 50 BTC, worth roughly $316,000; the company continues to hold onto these assets
- Several prominent businessmen have put a stake in crypto in 2020, including billionaire Stanley Druckenmiller