The Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance recently conducted a study on the cryptocurrency market and it has returned some positive results. Released in September 2020, the 3rd Global Cryptoasset Benchmark Study shows that the total global users have almost tripled in value since 2018.
- In 2018, the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance concluded that there were 35 million users globally; it now stands at over 100 million, according to researchers
- The report also noted that there has been an increase in the number of addresses linked to an individual’s identity
- The research team did not count self-hosted wallets
- The study also learned that employment opportunities in certain companies sustained strong growth, while it had slowed down overall
- Business and institutional clients make up for 30% of customers for service providers in North America and Europe, according to the findings