Mad Money host Jim Cramer has changed his stance on Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, revealing on Anthony Pompliano’s podcast on September 14 that he now thinks that “gold is dangerous” and that he needs to own crypto.
- Cramer told Pompliano that the recent stimulus package passed by the US government had compelled him to change his views on cryptocurrencies
- He highlighted how the stimulus package would hurt future generations with high inflation rates
- Saying that he has “ to start recognizing that maybe [he is] using a typewriter”, Cramer has allocated 1% of his portofolio to cryptocurrencies
- He also believes that younger generations understand crypto better than gold
- Cramer sharply criticized Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in 2017, calling it “monopoly money” and that it was “waiting to be shorted”