Twitter CEO and co-founder Jack Dorsey, in an interview with Reuters on September 10, offered yet more praise for Bitcoin (BTC), but also emphasizing the need for it to be made more intuitive for mainstream adoption.
- Dorsey believes that Bitcoin is the “best manifestation of digital currency”, but that it would need to be made more intuitive “if it is to succeed in changing the way people think about money”
- Dorsey had previously described Bitcoin as the currency of the internet in an interview with Joe Rogan
- Square, of which Dorsey is the co-founder, for the first time received the majority of its revenue through Bitcoin on its Cash App in Q1 2020
- A report in August 2020 saw Square beat Q2 expectations, largely because of Cash App’s performance, which brought $281 million in net profit
- Jack Dorsey on Bitcoin: No one person can stop it