According to a report published September 15, the French Central Bank will see Tezos (XTZ) power its Digital Euro trial, after selected candidates Societe Generale and Forge chose Tezos as the blockchain for the experiment.
- Multinational investment bank Societe Generale and startup Forge were selected to run the Central Bank Digital Currency trial by the Banque De France in July 2020
- The CBDC will be used for interbank settlements
- Tezos research unit Nomadic Labs is also contributing to the effort
- France has shown a deep interest in blockchain technology and CBDCs, urging other EU nations to consider innovative fintech solutions
- Tezos describes itself as a self-amending ledger that can seamlessly make upgrades to its protocol without necessitating hard forks