Uniswap’s first governance proposal, initiated by DeFi platform Dharma, has stirred up controversy as some community members allege that the proposal is designed to favor whales.
- The proposal is aimed at altering the proposal submission and quorum requirements, lowering both value with the apparent goal being to allow for more smaller holders to join in
- But some community members have said that the changes would give more power to Dharma and Gauntlet, both of which have large holdings of UNI
- Agustín Aguilar, founder of Pine.finance, said that he voted no because his priority was to “preserve the integrity of the governance, not to pass proposals quickly”
- Dharma initiated the proposal on October 13, which is set to end on the 19th; an overwhelming majority have voted in favour of the change
- Uniswap launches UNI governance token