- Over 85,000 validators have staked over 3 million ETH, equivalent to $5.5 billion at ETH’s current price
- The staked amount is approximately 2.7% of ETH’s total supply
- Eth2’s beacon chain contract went live on Dec. 1 and has experienced an exponential rise in staked value in 2 months, after receiving over $6.5 million on day 1
- Stakers receive an annual return of 9.06% as rewards for securing the eth2 network
- Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin deposited 3200 ETH, currently worth $5.5 million, into the contract on Nov. 5
- Eth2 is only at the beginning of its development roadmap, with Phase 1 slated for release later this year; upcoming eth2 features include lite client support and sharding
ETH2 Hits New Milestone with Over 3 Million ETH Staked
Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.