- Already experiencing healthy growth in early 2020, the DeFi space began an even stronger uptrend around the middle of June, coinciding with the launch of the COMP token
- Aave (LEND), Maker (MKR) and Curve Finance (CRV) are the only DeFi entities with more than $1 billion locked in
- Aave has the most value locked in at $1.51 billion, while Maker and Curve Finance come second and third with $1.41 and $1.22 billion respectively
- Aave’s TVL has tripled since the start of August
- A number of DeFi entities have also completed funding rounds, including DIA and Bella Protocol
- Some industry insiders, like Binance’s Changpeng Zhao, have levied some criticized against the DeFi space, saying that only a few would survive and thrive
DeFi Tops $7B
How do you rate this article?
Send a $0.01 microtip in crypto to the author, and earn yourself as you read!% to author / 80% to me.
We pay the tips from our rewards pool.