Evan Van Ness, the host of the “Week in Ethereum” Podcast and former Director of ConseSys, has tokenized himself on the Balancer (BAL) platform in the form of EVAN tokens, which has already skyrocketed in value. The EVAN tokens went live on Balancer on August 7, with the tokenization first being hinted at in a blog post published on July 20 2020.
- EVAN tokens were priced at $0.04, reaching $0.25 after 250,000 tokens had been sold
- A quarter of tokens had been sold in just 2 hours
- The token was created using the OpenZeppelin Contract
- Van Ness said that the tokenization was an “experiment in independent media sustainability”
- Holders can redeem EVAN tokens for various interactions with Van Ness, including a Zoom call, retweets and a spot as a guest on the podcast
- The BAL token's price has shot up by nearly 24% since the EVANl isting