Italian football team AC Milan has partnered with Sports-focused cryptocurrency project Chiliz, and will release a club-based token on the latter’s sports platform Socios, according to an official announcement from the club on Jan. 18.
- The multi-year partnership will see the ACM token being released on Socios in the coming weeks
- Fans can use the ACM token can be used to purchase merchandise, VIP rewards and experiences, gain exclusive access to club and sponsor promotions and earn recognition as a superfan
- Some fans had already participated in a pre-sale, where they purchased the Milan Devils' Tokens; their holdings will be converted into ACM upon launch
- Chiliz has managed to secure partnerships with several major football clubs, including Barcelona and fellow Italian club Juventus
- Clubs have enthusiastically taken to these tokens, allowing them to engage with their fans in more ways while also rewarding them for their support
- AC Milan is one of the most successful clubs in Italy and Europe, having won 18 league titles and 7 Champions League titles