Good morning my friends, there are only a few things I love more than a delicious homemade spinach pie ….. do you like it ???
Let’s do this together step by step
100 ml olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4-5 spring onions, finely chopped
1 kg of spinach, washed and coarsely chopped
freshly ground pepper
juice of 1 lemon
50 gr. breadcrumbs
1 package of rustic leaf "kichi"
Two hours before we start cooking, transfer the rustic leaf "kichi" from the freezer to room temperature. Let it thaw for two hours in its package to retain its moisture.
1) Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion and spring onions for 3-4 minutes, until soft.
2) Add the spinach in portions, stirring to lose its volume.
3) Continue sautéing until all the spinach is in the pot.
4) Add salt and freshly ground pepper and sauté until the spinach withers and its liquids evaporate, for about 5-6 minutes.
5) Add the lemon juice and remove from the heat.
6) Add the breadcrumbs, stirring well. Allow the filling to cool for 15-20 minutes.
7) Grease a rectangular pan and place at the base 3 rustic leaves "kichi", oiling each one.
8) Spread the filling evenly on the third sheet and cover with another 3 sheets, oiling each one.
9) Close the leaves at the edges, grease them as well and cut the pie into pieces.
10) Bake the spinach pie in a preheated oven, in the air, at 180oC, for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the sheet is golden.
11) Serve the spinach pie lukewarm or at room temperature
Stay safe and healthy my friends and take care of your people
My best wishes from Greece