Good morning my friends and what will do our day happier???? A delicious chicken pie for sure . We will try this together??? Let’s start
Fair the filling
40 ml olive oil
1 onion, sliced
1 red pepper, in strips
1 yellow pepper, in strips
1 orange pepper, in strips
freshly ground pepper
600-700 gr. roasted chicken, uncooked (without skin or bone)
150 gr. cheese, grated
400 gr. yoghurt
Or a bunch of parsley, finely chopped
1 package of village leaf "kichi" with corn flour
olive oil for the leaves
Two hours before we start, let the village leaf "kichi" thaw for about two hours at room temperature in its package to retain its moisture.
1) Prepare the filling. In a deep frying pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion for 1-2 minutes until soft.
2) Add the peppers and sauté them. Add salt and freshly ground pepper and stir until soft, about 7-8 minutes.
3) Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
4) Transfer the contents of the pan to a large bowl. Add the chicken, cheese, yogurt and parsley and mix gently, to combine the ingredients into a thick filling.
5) Grease the baking tray and lay 3 rustic kichi leaves, oiling each one.
6) Spread the filling evenly over the entire surface.
7) Cover with another 3 sheets, oiling each one.
8) Fold the leaves at the edges and oil them as well.
9) Cut the chicken pie into pieces and bake it in a preheated oven, at 180oC in the air, for about 1 hour, until the sheet is golden and crispy.
10) Let the chicken pie cool a bit and serve lukewarm or at room temperature
Stay safe and healthy my friends and take care of your people
My best wishes from Greece