Good morning my friends, one of my favorite dessert for today, let’s do it together step by step
Ingredients for the cream
1 liter of fresh milk a week,
200 gr. fine semolina
150 gr. sugar
1 tbsp. sheep butter
1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
for the leaves
5 sheets of crust
2 tbsp. cinnamon powder for the leaf
2 tbsp. sugar
100 gr. melted sheep butter
1) Put the milk in a saucepan and leave it at a moderate temperature to heat, but not to boil.
2) Add the semolina and leave it for 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk.
3) At the same time, beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
4) Remove the milk from the heat and add it to the egg mixture gradually, stirring vigorously with the whisk.
5) Put the mixture back on medium heat and leave it until it thickens well (about 10 minutes) stirring constantly with the wire. Remove from the heat, stir in a tablespoon of sheep butter and leave to cool completely.
TIP: In order not to get a crust on our cream, we cover it with a film that touches the entire surface.
6) Preheat the oven in air to 180oC. To prepare the leaves, mix the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
7) Butter three of the leaves and spread them on a tart with a diameter of 28 cm. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cinnamon sugar.
8) Butter another sheet, spread it on the tartiera and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Repeat with the last card.
9) Pour the cream in the tartiera and close the leaves all around. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour and leave to cool well.
Serve with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Stay safe and healthy my friends and take care of your people
My best wishes from Greece