Good morning my friends, and a happy week, today I got for you a traditional Greek bread we ate once a year at this Monday about 40 days before Easter. Let’s do it together
Ingredients for laganas
400 gr. flour for all uses
400 gr. hard flour
2 tbsp. salt
16 gr. dry yeast
450 ml lukewarm water
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. olive oil & extra for the bowl
Ingredients for the spread
3 tbsp. water
1/2 tbsp. sugar
1) In a large bowl, mix the two flours with the salt.
2) In another smaller bowl, mix the yeast, sugar and water together with a little of the mixture of the two flours. Let the yeast feed for 10 minutes.
3) Add the olive oil to the yeast mixture, mix and pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with the flour (in a hole that will be made in the center).
4) Knead well for 10 minutes until you form a dough that does not stick to the hands.
5) Transfer the dough to a clean surface and divide it into 4 equal balls. Grease the large bowl we made the dough with olive oil, place the dough balls inside, cover with a transparent film and a kitchen towel and leave in a hot place in the kitchen for 30-40 minutes or until it swells.
6) Transfer the doughs again to a clean surface, knead them a little and open them with a rolling pin in the shape of a lagana, very thin.
7) Place them in oven pans covered with oil paste, cover them with oven towels and leave them again in a warm place to rest for 20 minutes.
8) We make holes with our fingers all over their surface. For the spread, mix the water with the sugar and brush them. Sprinkle with raw sesame seeds and bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C in the air, for 20-25 minutes until golden.
9) Remove from the oven, let the laganas cool to room temperature and enjoy.
Hope you like it.
Stay safe and healthy my friends and take care of your people
My best wishes from Greece